Friday, November 6, 2009

Growing boy!

We have a healthy eater. We took Evan to the doctor on Monday for another weight check and he gained almost a pound since his appointment a week before! As of Monday he was 8lbs 2oz (7lbs 5oz the week before) and I swear his cheeks are chubbier even since then. He has graduated from most of his newborn clothes to 0-3 month clothes already!

We are blessed with a very mellow baby for the most part. Only twice since we brought him home has he had a fit that we couldn't figure out the reason for. All the rest of the time he's perfectly content with a full belly either awake or asleep being held or in the swing! He's been sleeping pretty well at night and even went a 6 hour stretch a couple nights ago. He just started using pacifiers a couple nights ago too.

We've been skyping with the out of town family which has been great. My parents just got their laptop yesterday so they got to "see" us last night! I'm a computer science major and this technology (which isn't that new) still amazes me!

As for my recovery - it's going very well! I'm down almost 30 pounds and that feels GREAT. It's crazy how normal I feel after being pregnant for so long. I've already forgotten most of the discomfort I was feeling towards the end.

We have been so taken care of - we still haven't cooked a single meal since we've come home and haven't tapped into my frozen meals yet. Leah organized a bunch of meals for us all the way from Virginia. Now we're getting meals through our church. It's been such a huge help so we can spend all that food shopping/prep/cooking time loving on Evan instead.

Well that's about all that's new with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment