Friday, August 26, 2011

Evan's first prayer

Evan's bedtime routine, when we're at home which isn't that often anymore with Jack's family in town, consists of reading books in the rocking chair, saying a blessing that my dad said to me every night (Numbers 6:24-25), hug and kiss and down to bed. Lately he's been asking to pray (by folding his hands and squeaking) when we're done with books, so I've been praying with him for the last week or so, going through a list of what we were thankful for that day. When we were done last night, he wanted more so I said "you do it". And he did!

"Deetoo Fry, Daya, batz, Daddy, Mommy, Farty, poop, nono, peepee."

Translated: "thank you for Strom (Evan's uncle), the Incredibles, pizza, Daddy, Mommy, lovey, poop, fan, peepee."

I had tears in my eyes from laughing, being so moved, and maybe a little from being 5th on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment