Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My growing belly

Sorry I haven't blogged, to anyone who might still check in and see if I post anything! Life and this pregnancy are pretty routine and when I think of how long it's been since I've blogged, it leaves me even less motivated to sit down and blog when something out of the ordinary does happen. But I find myself before the computer with some time on my hands and access to my belly pictures, so here goes an update on the pregnancy.

It has been so completely different from my pregnancy with Evan. It has it's own challenges, but overall I think I feel much better this time around. I had and still have some occasional morning sickness which I think is a result of dehydration and too-hot showers. I haven't had many cravings. The only significant ones being hot tamales (the candy, not the mexican food), Oreos, and Moe's. I've been eating much healthier this time, since Jack is counting his calories (and has lost 12ish lbs so far!) so I haven't gained crazy weight this time. I think chasing Evan helps too! I'm still about 20 lbs under what my final weight was with Evan, so even though I have 6 weeks to go, I should be under the crazy weight gain of last time which I know has contributed to feeling much better this time around. I don't have much hip pain (last time it was excruciating), but I do get sciatic pain if I try to do too much. No swelling (yet).

Baby boy seems to be growing out faster than up. He still hasn't reached my ribs yet and is always pushing out right above my belly button. But according to the ultrasounds, he's right on with growth, so he's just taking up different real estate than Evan, I guess! He's crazy active, especially when I'm going to bed or not ready to wake up in the morning, of course. I guess it's all practice for when he's here! He's way more active than Evan ever was in there. We got a video of Evan moving a lot once and "happened to catch it at the right time". I could record this one every evening. He puts on a show and gets hiccups several times a day.

My midwife practice has changed a bit. They left the practice I've been going to for years after a multi-hospital merge took place in the area. Not sure of their exact reasons, but they left and started their own midwifery (sounds ancient, right?). I loved their care so much that I decided to follow them there. It was bittersweet though, because I had gotten to know the nursing and reception staff at my old practice and it was sad to leave them. Their new office is in a sweet historic home in Troy and I've started going there for the last few visits.

As for names, well we thought we had one and after sharing it with family, we started having second thoughts. It's looking like we're going to have to go to the hospital with a short list and try them all out on him before we land on one! Makes me a little nervous that we won't have the right name, but I'm trusting God will bring it to us!

So the nursery is a disaster right now. After moving Evan to his new room and taking on some house projects, it became a storage room of sorts. Once we get that room cleaned up I will be READY for this baby! I'm so excited! :) 6ish more weeks!!






Sabina and I at Christmas, due a month apart. Sabina is 31ish weeks, and I'm 26ish weeks. Our babies will be... first cousins once removed I think is the correct term? We'll probably just stick to "cousin".

No comments:

Post a Comment