Friday, February 12, 2010

Fun at the Circus

No, we didn't go to a traditional 3-ring circus. We had our very own circus on the changing table yesterday. Instead of a clown spritz bottle, well... I'll just let you finish that thought.

Evan was having a rough morning and afternoon yesterday - never figured out why but he woke up from very short naps screaming. Very uncharacteristic of him so I felt really bad. When I was trying to calm him down in the afternoon I decided to check the diaper even though I hadn't detected any rumbles from below. It was pretty wet, but no reason for him to be so distressed. He had peed through the diaper a bit so I changed the onesie and the crying began again so I tried to nurse him. That worked for a little while and when he was done it was back to the changing table because I felt his outfit was a little wet too. When I laid him down there was a sudden burst in seismic activity so I grabbed another diaper and tossed his outfit in the hamper. Once the cold air hit the nether region however, the showers began. Fortunately it didn't get me, but unfortunately for Evan, his perfect arch landed right in his face! In my rush to block the flow, I grabbed the soiled diaper and ended up smearing his leg. So there he is with a fresh wet onesie, a new wet outfit behind his head, a puddle in his eye, and a poop smear on his leg...... and a HUGE smile on his face. I could only stand there and laugh. This was a job for the bathtub. So one bath later he was in diaper #4 of this fiasco, onesie #3 and outfit #3 (although outfit #2 never made it on him!)

Evan ended up crashing on the couch for 2 hours (first time he's napped that long in WEEKS!)



And then he was such a happy boy when daddy came home!

1 comment: