Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cabin Fever

Evan and I are both suffering the effects of cabin fever. I never thought it could affect a 4 month old as much as it has! Evan is bored with all of his toys and activity centers. He's antsy when I try to snuggle. He's pretty fussy during the day at home. And he's completely silent and content when we leave the house. In fact, when we go to someone else's house, he'll actually be happy and giggly almost the whole time we're there!

Tuesday was wonderful. We started the day by going to church where they've just started having a couple hours of open baby/toddler time in the gym there. Evan the social butterfly that he is was a bundle of joy the whole time and got tired right out. We followed that up by heading to the LeVakes' house for lunch and some playtime with Charlie! He was a bundle of joy there too and snoozed for about half an hour in the bouncy seat. We headed home mid afternoon (still unseasonably warm outside at 47 degrees!) and he fell asleep on the way so I pulled the stroller out of the trunk when I got home and we took a walk with Evan asleep almost the whole time. We hung out for a couple hours at home (Evan becoming immediately bored) and then headed up to the Jaegers for our weekly Lost night! He was fun the whole evening and crashed in their pack & play in time for the show.

Yesterday was a different story. I'm pretty sure there are teeth on the way which multiplied the fussiness of being home. Evan took 3 short naps all around half an hour and when he was awake he let me put him down for all of about 7 minutes all day. He sat in my lap for every meal and I had to assemble my lunch with him in the front-carrier. We dropped off a meal for our friends Ashley and Luke who just had a baby and I was hoping his cabin fever would subside while we were there and he'd be happy, but the sore gums kept the fussiness going and we didn't stick around for long after dinner. He screamed half the way home and then fell asleep (after I screamed into my coat out of frustration). And then he woke up screaming at home. A dose of Baby Orajel, Baby Tylenol and some bouncing on the ball I finally had a sleeping baby who actually stayed asleep until his early morning feeding. It was a patience-growing day!

Looking forward more than ever to our trip to Florida in 16 days!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you - Orajel, Tylenol AND the ball - you are a pro and doing great!

    ReplyDelete