Monday, June 7, 2010

Baby Food



I've been making about half of Evan's baby food now. I've made (pureed) applesauce, bananas, mangoes, pears, nectarines, sweet potatoes and carrots. I'm not sure how much money it's actually saved, if any. But it's nice and somewhat rewarding to see actual pieces of fresh fruit and vegetable become his food. I've found that all the prep work necessary for peaches/nectarines probably isn't worth it (flash boil, peel, cut off pit without mashing it, chop, boil to cook, puree), but the others have all been fairly easy so far. I've started cheating on the applesauce though and just buying a large jar of unsweetened applesauce at the store.

So far, Evan has enjoyed every food he's tried. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get him to eat it without a "face". I was expecting a face for his first time trying plain vanilla yogurt, but he LOVED it. Then I read the ingredients and saw that there were artificial sweeteners in it... whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment