Thursday, September 23, 2010

11 months!

So what's new with my almost 1 year old? I'm trying to expand his cuisine options, which gets difficult for a little dude with only 2 teeth! Some new things that we've had great success with is string cheese, pesto pasta, quesadillas, fish, meatballs, and ground turkey. The fish has to be marinated. I had made fish tacos for Jack and I one night and gave Evan a little try. He couldn't get enough, surprisingly! So I cooked him some more the next day with no seasoning and he didn't touch it. So now I marinate it the same way as the fish tacos every time and he gobbles it up - olive oil, lemon juice, chili powder and allspice. He doesn't like many veggies but he loves green beans and peas. I sneak tomatoes in to the pesto pasta and spinach into quesadillas. I'm trying to think of some ways to sneak other veggies into his diet.

He's starting to self-wean. He's just not as interested in nursing anymore... but he's not very interested in cow's milk either! We've only tried it for a few days, and I know it's a rough transition for some kids, but Evan seems ready to move on!

He hasn't shown much interest in trying to walk but we've caught him letting go of his prop when standing a few times and freestanding for a few seconds. He just got a walking toy for an early birthday present and he's still learning how to use it. He starts moving too fast and ends up on his knees and will then walk across the room on his knees. It's super cute!

I've noticed that he's really been developing his spacial intelligence. He's figuring out how certain objects fit into others. He gets a really intense face when he's learning too! When he tips out his toy bin I notice that a lot of the time he'll pull out balls. I think he's going to be a jock! My nephew did the same thing when he was little and he ended up playing football, baseball and soccer (now college soccer!). He's expanding his vocabulary ever so slightly. A lot of stuff is still "dadadada" but there's more mamama or just "meh" happening, nanana, bababa, bebebe, bwabwabwa and some other random syllables. It doesn't seem like he's associated any sounds with a particular object yet. He will "motorboat" when he's playing with his trucks though. Is that just a boy instinct?

No comments:

Post a Comment