Wednesday, July 22, 2009

28 weeks!

Not a whole lot has changed. My Braxton Hicks contractions are by no means regular, but are growing more frequent than before - 10-15 a day that I notice. The little guy is getting stronger, not just feeling kicks but feeling him stick out body parts now! I haven't been able to identify which limbs he's moving or poking with, but hopefully I'll be able to soon! Jack thinks it's his rear he keeps sticking out, so he's mooning us! I think it might be knees - it's just feels so hard sometimes! On Sunday I relaxed out on the deck while Jack went fishing with a friend. Baby boy was especially busy that day and I had a lot of fun just watching my belly get rocked around by his movements inside!

I've finally gotten some use out of my maternity bathing suit! It's been such a crummy summer here with tons of rain and not a lot of heat. At least I haven't been too uncomfortable. Well Saturday was just too nice to stay at home, so Jack and I packed up and headed north about 30 minutes to Moreau State Park. Seems to be the closest place to swim without leeching off family or friends. We had a great time, and the weather was beautiful. The water is still a bit cold so we only went in once, literally inching our way in for quite a while! As we were making our 20 minute entrance into the water Jack came to the realization that it was baby boy's first time "swimming" - but wait, no. That's pretty much all he's doing at this point! We saw so many parents with young kids there, and are very much looking forward to taking him to swim next summer! Monday was another beautiful day and my sister Ginger was gracious enough to let me bum the use of her pool! It felt sooooooooooo good. Perfect temp, perfect day out and very quiet and serene on her farm... aside from the dog bossing the horses around.

Finally had a crazy craving this week. Donuts - 3 kinds in particular: glazed, jelly filled, and of course good ol' boston creme. Jack made an attempt at helping me walk the healthy road and perhaps just choosing one or two but they were all of equal persuasion to me. We happened to be waiting to pick up our Papa John's pizza when the craving hit so I said I should be fine for the evening with just the pizza. Well sweet husband that he is ran out this morning to buy the 3 donuts and left them in the kitchen for me and wrote "Love you!" on the bag. What an awesome discovery this morning, and the best breakfast I've had in quite a while!!

No comments:

Post a Comment