Tuesday, April 27, 2010

6 month appointment

Evan had his 6 month appointment this afternoon. He weighed in at 19 lbs, 3 oz (75th percentile), and is up to 28 inches (90th percentile). He was such a brave boy for his shots. Lots of tears with the needle, but stopped immediately when I picked him up.

We've been doing rice cereal for about a month now and he has become a champ at eating! We started applesauce last week and bananas a few days ago. I'm so excited to introduce Evan to so many different foods! I wish he were hungrier! I might be a bit over-ambitious but I want to try to make baby food. I ordered the book "Feed Me I'm Yours" by Vicki Lansky which was recommended by the pediatrician. I already have an immersion blender which I've used to make soups and mashed potatoes. Seems easy enough... we'll see!

We had a great visit over the weekend with my in-laws. Regan's fiance Strom is back from Afghanistan for some R&R so it was great to see him for the first time since July! We're looking forward to their wedding this August!



It was a gorgeous weekend so we spent a lot of time outside. Evan went for a ride in Joseph's old wagon and played in the grass for the first time!




1 comment:

  1. You can make your own baby food. It's super easy. Believe me, if I can do it...anyone can!

    ReplyDelete