Wednesday, May 6, 2009

17 Weeks!

Feeling great! The belly is starting to expand and the pants without an elastic band need some assistance in staying up since I can't button them anymore! Fortunately I inherited some maternity clothes from a friend, including a Bella Band which helps me continue to wear non-maternity pants for the time being while I build up my inventory of maternity clothes. As a reference, McBaby is now the size of a turnip! 8 more days until we find out if it's a boy or girl!!

I got the results from that blood screening last week, and the results were negative which is a positive thing (math teachers - don't strain yourselves over how negative=positive)! I didn't know what negative meant and the nurse said "don't worry... negative is good!" It reminds me of the episode of the Office when Kevin is waiting for the results of a skin cancer test and he finally gets the call that it's negative. He tells everyone and everyone is happy except Michael Scott who threw down his hockey stick, gave Kevin a big hug and said "we're going to beat this". Then it cuts to an interview of him saying "Well apparently in the medicine community, negative means good. Which makes absolutely no sense. In the real world community, you- that would be chaos." Anyway, no signs of down syndrome or spinal defects based on that screening!

No comments:

Post a Comment