Wednesday, May 27, 2009

20 weeks - halfway there!

Well I'm 20 weeks today. It's unbelievable that it's halfway over already but it's all just starting to feel real! Baby boy has been quite active lately, especially since I downed about 2 quarts of regular iced tea yesterday. It was fun, but for both our sakes I made decaf today!! I had a doctor appointment this morning, very quick and routine. Good blood pressure, good measurements, and a good heart rate of 130. Since he was such a wigglemunch at the last ultrasound they scheduled me for another this coming Monday to get the rest of the info/measurements they weren't able to get at the last one.

Over the weekend we celebrated 4 college graduations in the family - my sister Ginger as a respiratory therapist, her 2 daughters, and one of their boyfriends. It was the first time those nieces got to see the belly and they couldn't stop themselves from lifting the shirt to see it! My sister Beth is having a baby in July, so we had the cousins "high-five" as we bumped bellies. :) I also accidentally spilled the beans to my dad about the sex of the baby. Hence why I've been openly referring to baby as "he" in all my posts! I had signed my sister's card from "Jen, Jack and Baby boy" and my dad read the card. Oops! Well at least the name is still a secret. We have a name that we've been comparing all others against, but I'm not sure we'll actually settle on it until we meet him.

Starting at this halfway mark, baby is measured from head to heel instead of crown to rump, so he's about the length of a banana now.

1 comment: