Wednesday, August 5, 2009

30 weeks!

3/4 of the way there! Had an appointment with a different midwife this morning - Linda, and she was so sweet! I still have to meet two of the others since they rotate at this practice and you don't know who will end up on call when you go into labor! The belly measured perfectly today - 30cm at 30 weeks. Good heart rate of 144, good blood pressure on my part. My glucose and iron levels checked out fine from the screening and bloodwork I had done at my last appointment.

As for the little guy - TONS of movement. Not just kicks and punches anymore, but feeling arms move across the entire length of my belly, feeling what must be feet push out under my ribs, feeling limbs cross over each other as he shifts positions. Not just feeling all this, but seeing a lot of it too. Haven't actually seen the outline of a foot or elbow or anything, but I've seen a bump move around, or I'll watch my belly get rocked around. It doesn't get old.

It's crazy how the reality of it all hits you in waves, or at least it's done that to me. First it was seeing 2 lines on that stick after however many times of seeing just 1. That took a whole day to absorb. Then it was the first ultrasound - totally surreal, but there was actual evidence in front of me of this little one. I didn't really suffer from morning sickness or anything in the first trimester so the next wave of reality hit when the bump started to grow. Then feeling little flutters, transitioning into kicks. Then there was registering, and starting to make purchases - this is the actual stuff that baby boy will be using! Now it's beyond the light flutters and kicks, and into movement of arms and legs, stretching, spazzing and soccer punts! I'm thinking next will probably be setting up the nursery, and then finally meeting the little guy! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment