Wednesday, September 30, 2009

38 weeks!

Another busy week, preparing for the little guy's arrival! His room went from an in-use guest room to a fully organized nursery in about 8 days! Danielle helped me paint last Thursday (THANK YOU!), I steamed cleaned on Friday, Jack set up the crib and dresser/changer combo on Saturday while I started organizing. Sunday we hunted for a glider. I really liked this one from Target and we had enough in gift cards to cover it. We went to our local store and went to the checkout with the little tag. They sent us to guest services to make sure they had it in stock. Turned out they didn't have any in stock and didn't have any idea when they'd get a new shipment. It cost $93 in shipping if we bought it online - not really an option. They also looked up the other local stores all the way to about 100 mile radius and said no one else had it either. We left pretty deflated. But I checked when we got home and online it said the Niskayuna store had one so we called and they had 1 in stock!!! They pulled it aside for us and we picked it up later that night. Thank you Jesus!!! On Monday I did all the baby laundry - washed all the clothes, towels and blankets. So the nursery is completely set up, although we'd still like to decorate the walls a bit more. Here are some pictures!














Nesting is in full swing. I have ignored the hairs sticking up on my neck when I pass the dust bunnies on the stairs since I made my focus finishing the baby room before moving on to other things. I am very much looking forward to steam cleaning downstairs!

I had an appointment with the midwife yesterday. I was a little nervous that after all the activity I felt with the little guy in the past week that he may have flipped over. Well he hasn't, phew! He's still head down, but not very low in the pelvis so she said I'll probably see my due date! That's fine with me, we get to celebrate Jack's birthday and our anniversary before then and it's only 2 weeks away!

We had our last childbirth prep class last night - this time it was baby basics. One of the fathers in our class came in late to inform us that his wife gave birth a few hours earlier! She was due this Thursday anyway so we didn't think they'd make it to the last class. He told us about their experience. She had gone to work that morning like any other day and thought she might be having contractions and he picked her up from work late afternoon. By the time they decided to go to the hospital, she was already 8 cm dilated when they got there! She ended up delivering within about an hour of getting there!! He kept telling us how much easier it is than we're all thinking it will be. Of course that's not the case for everyone, but we're happy that they had such a relatively easy birth experience! After he headed back upstairs we each got a somewhat proportionally appropriate doll (would be about a 9 pounder if it were real). We got to practice with our car seats, practice swaddling and changing a diaper. Of course Jack would be the one picking up the doll by the head and unswaddling it by tugging on the corner of the blanket like he were trying to remove a tablecloth without disturbing the place settings on the table. I know he'll be better with our baby though. So next time we head to that building, it'll be the real deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment