Saturday, October 10, 2009

Still here...

I have tried so hard not to complain during this pregnancy because it has been relatively easy for the most part. I was certainly blessed with a breeze of a first trimester with fatigue being the major player which was easily remedied since I worked from home and could fit naps around what I do. Second trimester was pretty much the same, but not as much fatigue as the first. Third trimester hit and some joint discomfort set in which was remedied by swimming! Fine by me! But now that we're getting toward the end, it seems like there are as many words being used to describe what I won't miss about being pregnant as there are about being excited to meet the little one! Don't get me wrong... it's been a wonderful pregnancy and I've enjoyed it immensely but I'm finally reaching that "get this kid outta me" point.

What I will miss about being pregnant:

  • Eating whatever I want

  • Being forbidden to clean the cat litter

  • Feeling the little man's acrobatics



What I'm looking forward to after the pregnancy:

  • Decreased swelling, having ankles again (as opposed to cankles)

  • Returning sensation in the fingertips of my right hand

  • Increased mobility

  • Rolling over in bed without a production

  • Getting up off the couch or out of bed without grunting

  • Dropping all this weight

  • Being able to run again

  • Having the desire and energy to cook again

  • Hoping for decreased heartburn... I seem to get it from everything now!

  • Bathroom breaks that are more than 30 minutes apart

  • Being able to bend over and put socks on

  • Having a (relatively) flat stomach again

  • Being able to hug without bending over to cushion my bulge

  • last but not least...
  • Showing off my little man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment