Monday, June 1, 2009

Another ultrasound

Since baby boy was so wiggly at the 18 week ultrasound they scheduled another one this morning to get the rest of the measurements they couldn't get before. We didn't have our usual tech Jennifer, but the one we had today was quick and efficient. She didn't get as good a profile shot as Jennifer but she got a couple face shots and even focused the scanner well enough for us to see him in action moving his mouth with his hands up over his face! Here are a couple of the souvenir photos we got today.





We already knew it was a boy from our last appointment, but she gave us a little extra reassurance today!


Aside from the ultrasound news, I am shocked and amazed at how God has brought me a baby buddy, well more than one but this one in particular. It started with Jack having a great time getting to know Sam at the men's retreat back in February. We found out the day after he got back that we were having a baby. It must have been right around the same time that Sam and Christie found out they were having their second child. We hung out with them a couple times, without knowing each others' news. Around 14 weeks both our news came out and we realized our due dates were 2 days apart! Me on Oct 14, and Christie on Oct 16. I finally got to catch up with her some more in church yesterday and we're both having boys and found out we've both been going to the same practice, seeing the same midwives, going to the same ultrasound facility, and we'll be delivering at the same hospital! Wouldn't it be amazing if we were there the same time??

I am slightly ashamed but mostly amused to admit this last item - I had been craving vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting for a while now. Didn't necessarily have to be in cupcake form, so after about a month I finally caved and bought the ingredients (box mix and tub of frosting). I made it in a 13x9 pan on Saturday while Jack was out at the movies with the guys. I started with a slightly large piece, but it was so light and fluffy that I wolfed it down in about 90 seconds. This did not seem like a fair ending to a one month craving to I went back and just finished the wedge, totaling about 1/4 of the cake including the first piece. I was very satisfied after that and fortunately didn't feel sick. When Jack came home he saw the evidence but thought I had company so asked who I hung out with. I hung my head with a sheepish grin and said "no one". We had a good laugh over it. I think from now on I'll heed the advice of my sister and just cave to cravings when I have them. She once pushed off a peanut M&M craving and ended up indulging in a 1 pound bag in one sitting, only to throw it all up right after the last M&M. Hm, writing this has put me in the mood for another slice... hopefully I can restrain myself from eating another 1/4 of the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment