Wednesday, June 10, 2009

22 weeks!

What's new, hmmm. No crazy cravings in the past week, but I did buy another box of cake mix! I just caught my 3rd cold of the pregnancy so far and I'm hesitant to take anything besides Vitamin C, so I've been toughing it out. I'm not sure if it's the cold, or just the stage I'm at but I've started to run out of breath a lot easier. Even just a jog up the stairs when I forget something leaves me pretty winded! I need to pace myself... 18 weeks to go!

I've started splurging on maternity clothes. I hardly ever buy clothes for myself so I consider it a splurge even though it's a necessity since I only have one pair of pants that fit now! One splurge item was a bathing suit though. I wasn't really comfortable wearing a bikini with my gut hanging out so I got a tankini that covers it all! Now I just need to participate in activities that require a bathing suit! :) Thankfully I just got a lot of maternity clothes from my good friend Aubrey yesterday, and also a bag full of baby boy clothes!

The cats are definitely preparing me for cleaning up after a baby. There has been no shortage of vomit, #1's and #2's around the house to clean up the last few weeks. Haven't caught the perp in action so I'm not sure which one to blame. I'm not sure why they've been doing this, but maybe they sense big changes on the horizon, or they're mad we've been shutting them out of our room. In the meantime we started shutting them in the laundry room/office area last night. We don't have a door though- when we gutted the basement we took out the door that would shut them in there because it blocked off a good portion of the room. So last weekend there was a neighborhood garage sale and we acquired 2 baby gates that Jack was SO excited to try out on the cats. Mostly to see if our agile Bella would be able to figure out a way over - she didn't. They spent the night down there, and didn't bug us during the night and nothing to clean up on the furniture in the morning!

Probably the biggest news in the last week is that I've ever so slightly started to feel kicks from the outside! Jack got to feel it one evening too, and that just made my night. It's the first time something from the pregnancy has caused me to tear up. It's small (for now) and just feels like a twitch, but I know it's not a twitch! He definitely takes after Daddy though, he was kicking up a storm while I was playing video games last night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment